X

Customer Development Slide

For some reason, I've always wanted to try and put Steve Blank's Customer Development, Eric Ries' Lean Startup and Dave McClure's AARRR[G] in one slide.  Here's what I've come up with:

AARRR[G], Customer Development, and Lean Startup

Is this at all helpful? Let me know if you have any suggestions or comments.

9 COMMENTS ON THIS POST To “Customer Development Slide”

1. Michael Zipursky December 9, 2009 at 9:13 am

Brant – nice work on the slide. There’s a lot going on there. Really need to sit back and dissect each part and then put it together.

While I read what Steve, Dave and Eric publish I think it would still be helpful to have a few side notes from you explaining each part and how you see them going together.

While the construction may be apparent to some, I think if this can be boiled down so that it’s clear to someone that hasn’t read much on Customer Dev, etc – that would be awesome!

Again, great work on this.

• Valto December 28, 2009 at 2:45 am

Maybe to add “tooltip” type of additional content. Ie. while hovering on top of each segment, that would give some more information / short explonation

2. Edwin Oh December 9, 2009 at 9:15 am

Nice unifying overview! Are you planning to forward to Eric, Dave, and Steve? I’d be curious to know what they think.

3. brantcooper December 10, 2009 at 5:52 pm

Michael, Great idea! Stay tuned.
    Edwin – Thanks for the comment, I’ll let you know if I get any feedback from them.

– Brant

4. Dave McClure December 22, 2009 at 5:30 pm

nice job there 🙂

btw, note that AARRR isn’t exactly sequential… in fact, i’d emphasize Activation & Retention *first*, then go after Acquisition & Referral, then optimize for Revenue.

(or if you’re cash-strapped, do Revenue before Acquisition & Referral)

nice job 🙂

• brantcooper December 23, 2009 at 10:07 am

Thanks, Dave. You make a great point: the natural flow of the funnel <> the step order upon which you concentrate your efforts.

Tell me what you think!

Say Hello!

Use the contact form below to send a message.

%d bloggers like this: